A SHORT HISTORY
Quicksure was founded by John Edward Bunting on the 1st of April 1990. He operated it as a brokerage and had facilities to place business with Santam Ltd, Mutual & Federal and Auto & General. In 1994 John Bunting, in partnership with Hennie Coetzer, established Quicksure CC, a closed corporation, which operated as an Underwriting Management Agency.
- In 1998, Hennie Coetzer sold his shares to John Bunting and Quicksure CC was transformed into Quicksure (Pty) Ltd. During the same period Elize Jacobs acquired 40% of the shares in Quicksure (Pty) Ltd.
- In 1999 Quicksure Commercial (Pty) Ltd was established to expand the commercial product offering of the QUICKSURE group. John Bunting hold 60%, Elize Jacobs 25%, Steyn Rossouw 10% and Gawie van Outdtshoorn 5% of the shares in Quicksure Commercial (Pty) Ltd.
- In 2012 Quicksure (Pty) Ltd received a Silver Arrow award in the national survey on underwriting managers in South Africa for the category "General Commercial and Domestic".
- In 2014 Quicksure (Pty) Ltd received the Diamond and Silver Awards for the National Survey on underwriting Managers in South Africa as follows: Diamond: Commercial & Domestic, Silver: Personal Lines
- In 2015 Quicksure signed a historic deal with new Insurer Mutual & Federal Insurance Company Limited after serving New National Assurance Company for 15 years
- In 2016 Quicksure (Pty) Ltd received the Silver Arrow Award National Survey on Underwriting Managers in South Africa: Personal Lines
- In 2016 Quicksure acquired facilities with both Renasa Insurance Company Limited and Lion of Africa Insurance Company
- In 2017 Quicksure acquired a facility with Santam Limited
The Quicksure Group consists of:
Quicksure (Pty) Ltd – specialising in Personal Lines Insurance – FSP No 16902
Quicksure Commercial (Pty) Ltd – specialising in Commercial and Business Insurance – FSP No 16903